What does a Junior Motion Graphics Designer do?
Motion graphics designers create artwork for the web, television, or film using visual effects, animation, and other cinematic techniques to bring their creations to life. They use their skills to create powerful stories that capture audiences and pique their interest and turn to their strong technical skills and proven ability to use software including Photoshop and 2D or 3D animation. They partner with other creative team members and key stakeholders when creating content across the various web or mobile platforms.
Motion graphics designers meet with internal and external clients to understand their needs and share their internal and external ideas. They receive and interpret feedback and constructive criticism while meeting tight deadlines and respond to user and client feedback to improve creative work. They work with art and creative teams to understand the project’s scope and objectives and select audio, video, colors, and animation for graphic design. Motion graphics designers need a bachelor's degree and a strong portfolio of work in animation.
- Produce a wide range of animation and motion content for social media, campaigns, and product UI overviews.
- Identify and build great relationships with top-level artists, agencies and designers.
- The senior motion designer maintain high visual standards, and a strong attention to detail, client, audience, story, and context.
- Collaborate across teams across the organization to conceptualize daily, series, and franchise visual storytelling in video, broadcast, social and other contexts.
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross functional partners (marketing, engineering, customer experience, and brand to name a few) to bring engage narratives to life through technical motion design projects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day look and consistency of motion graphic storytelling, communicate the vision set out by the Creative Director to the broader set of editorial partners within the organization.
- Guide motion graphic contributor submissions from through creative feedback and education.
- Onboard new contributors, providing submission guidance and technical guidelines.
- Provide art direction, brand stewardship, and hands on design and animation for projects.
- Work closely with the creative operations team to ensure assets meets technical and aesthetic standards as well as align to business goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science.
- Experience with Adobe programming including Creative Suite, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, and Audition.
- Skilled at templating, editing, and illustration.
- Comfortable leading creative direction.
- Is a critical thinker and collaborator.
- Demonstrated attention to detail through the stages of product life cycles.
Junior Motion Graphics Designer Salaries
Average Base Pay
Junior Motion Graphics Designer Career Path
Learn how to become a Junior Motion Graphics Designer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Junior Motion Graphics Designer Insights
“It is a fun place to work and I have made some great friends from working here!”
“• Work life balance is good but around once or twice a month you’ll have to stretch.”
“Very creative and amazing people to work with.”
“workers and I have an amazing manager who supports and is invested in developing my skillset.”
“The creative freedom I was given to explore style and techniques improved my work and kept me creatively fulfilled.”
“good work good nice people”
“best place to work and get knowledge”
“Not so great to find a good lunch place.”
Junior Motion Graphics Designer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Junior Motion Graphics Designer
- Visual Designer
- Art Manager
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer