What does a Junior Social Media Manager do?
A Social Media Manager helps to increase exposure through social media platforms. They work alongside a specialized team to reach your brand's goals. From creating monthly editorial calendars, to using marketing strategies to deliver your brand's message in creative ways, a Social Media Manager is the link between your business and your social media followers. More than just attracting new customers, a Social Media Manager analyzes data to determine which initiatives work best and capitalize on this information to continue scaling your business.
Though advanced education is not necessary, many employers seek to hire candidates a with bachelor's degree in marketing, business, advertising, public relations or a related field. Additional certifications such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords generally are preferred. Individuals who have a firm understanding of marketing principles and work well in a team setting tend to excel in the position of Social Media Manager.
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Facilitate scaling brand and company awareness through various social media channels
- Work with brand to create and implement social media strategies monthly
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology
- Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the company, and ensure a positive customer service experience
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others
- Oversee the creating and implementation of the monthly editorial calendar which includes monthly sales objectives and initiatives
- 3-5 years of social media management experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many company initiatives at once
Junior Social Media Manager Salaries
Average Base Pay
Junior Social Media Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Junior Social Media Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Junior Social Media Manager Insights
“Not much but pay is somewhat low but in my opinion its still worth it!”
“Argent Media provides a great opportunity to work on really interesting and rewarding projects with some well”
“Leadership was very understanding and patient with my progression as this was my first job outside of college.”
“A lot of support is provided for both work and personal issues providing great comfort when needed.”
“I truly enjoy coming to work every day in a fun and collaborative work environment.”
“The pay was decent and I actually enjoyed my actual job role on a daily basis.”
“It provided me a great learning opportunity and I got the opportunity to explore my ideas practically.”
“Owned by two friends who are great people and make you want to do better and be better.”
Junior Social Media Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of social media managers
A typical day for a social media manager involves promoting a company's brand and image on social media networks. Social media managers post content that advertises the company's products and services. They use social media to network with potential clients and business partners while reaching out to customers.
Social media management is a good career for people who enjoy working in the online world and know how to use social media advantageously. If you like channeling your creativity in a fun and engaging way, becoming a social media manager might be right career path for you. Every post you make is important in representing the brand of your client or workplace. Posting content that puts the company's image in a positive light is the key to success.
As with any job, there are some difficult aspects to working as a social media manager. For example, you are expected to react fast to breaking news that could affect the company. If the company is implicated in a negative media event, the social media manager's job is to mitigate the damage by presenting a counter narrative online.