What does a Parts Sales Manager do?
Parts managers have leadership roles in overseeing the day-to-day operations of a parts department. Their primary goals are to ensure their team delivers excellent customer service while also generating optimum revenue. They hire and train staff; manage budgets and other financial matters; oversee inventory and purchasing; and coordinate major orders with vendors. They are also accountable for confirming their staff maintains a safe and clean work environment and adheres to all company policies and regulations.
Parts managers typically have a bachelor’s degree, although some employers are willing to accept an equivalent level of relevant professional experience. They have a background in sales or retail roles, ideally including positions with supervisory responsibilities. These roles require strong leadership skills and excellent project management abilities.
- Contribute towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Develop, expand, and manage customer relationships in assigned coverage area to enhance parts sales.
- Assist with training, and monitor the performance of all parts department staff.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Responsible for assisting mechanics and customers with purchasing needs for parts and supplies.
- Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
- Responsible for scheduling of delivery trucks within the Parts Department.
- Assist in forecasting goals and objectives for the parts department.
- Handle parts payment collection and making sure all parts are billed correctly through service department.
- Bachelor's Degree in business.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Knowledge of industry, including marketing plans, security and safety programs.
- Experienced with planograms and the RFP/RFI process.
- Strong strategic thinking and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs such as Excel.
Parts Sales Manager Salaries
Average Base Pay
Parts Sales Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Parts Sales Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Parts Sales Manager Insights
“Grab the best opportunity in Saud Bahwan Group and give the right direction to your career.”
“Of all my years of employment this is the best company I have worked for by far.”
“Good good good good good”
“The salary is not the best but depends on the country and city.”
“The work and life balance are very good.”
“The retail schedule was not good for me long term”
“it is close to home”
“Great people to work with”
Parts Sales Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Parts Sales Manager
- Store Manager
- Operations Manager
- General Manager
- Service Manager