What does a Supply Chain Planner do?
Supply chain planners anticipate and maintain stock levels to ensure a business runs smoothly by performing routine stock inspections, anticipated market changes, and ensuring that inventory levels are financially feasible. They assess the business’s financial structure and inventory storage capabilities and count and track inventory across multiple locations. Supply chain planners can anticipate stock demands based on current and future business projections and analyze market trends for the best times to purchase particular types of inventory.
Supply chain planners create inventory reports, present suggestions to a supply chain manager or other members of upper management, and ensure the business has a steady stock-flow without an overabundance of materials. They suggest changes to inventory warehousing when necessary so the company can navigate increased or reduced demand. Supply chain planners need a bachelor's degree in business management, logistics, or related fields and at least three years of experience working in logistics or supply chain management.
- Identify and evaluate demand, project capacity/allocation strategies to optimize business objectives and support business objectives through continuous consideration of KPI's.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external partners through email and, as necessary, video conference.
- Communicate with cross functional partners regarding product launches and/or transitions, accurately manage master data integrity and calendar/process adherence.
- Support implementation and continuity of speed models, ensure guidelines, time and action adherence.
- Work closely with inventory fulfillment to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained based on product type.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning programs and tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Exhibit strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Supply Chain Planner Salaries near United Kingdom
Average Base Pay
Supply Chain Planner Career Path
Learn how to become a Supply Chain Planner, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Supply Chain Planner Insights
“workers/team leader are helpful and good to work with.”
“Good good good good good”
“Good wellfare and provide talent development”
“life balance and opportunity for career growth”
“Good Pay and bonus.”
“good people to work with”
“Great people to work with”
“Nice people to work with”
Supply Chain Planner Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Supply Chain Planner
- Demand Planner
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Specialist
- Supply Chain Analyst