What does a Senior Validation Analyst do?
Validation analysts perform a range of validation duties and services, often serving in roles in technical, scientific, or financial fields. They are commonly involved in risk evaluation, management, and mitigation, as well as liability assessment. They are responsible for ensuring legal compliance and adherence to all applicable guidelines and standards. They establish and enforce documentation processes and implement organized records management systems. They perform inspections, audits, testing, and other forms of evaluations and compare results against established objectives or standards.
Validation analysts typically have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant financial or technical field, and a strong background in roles involving validation or risk management. They must have strong analytical skills, and the ability to set up and oversee data management systems. These roles require meticulous attention to detail.
- Experienced in preparing and finalizing test impact assessment, estimates, strategy and plans.
- Support risk management efforts by conducting model validations related to annuities and life insurance products.
- Engage with business areas to promotes risk-informed decision making and may support other risk management areas of focus.
- Conduct model validations for annuities and life insurance products, supporting comprehensive oversight of the company's model risks from data to delivery.
- Prepare and deliver reports to the Model Risk Committee on model validation outcomes, including risk assessment, appropriateness of fit, and remediation efforts.
- Ensure all enterprise models are captured on the model validation inventory and incorporated in the model review process.
- Maintain documentation and timetables of model review and associated findings.
- Coordinate remediation efforts with modeling units, providing structured guidance to support successful outcomes.
- Support risk assessment and risk reporting across the company's ERM framework including risk metrics and key risk indicators.
- Prepare analysis related to policyholder behavior, market risks, and emerging risks.
- Prepare and review technical documentation in accordance with GMP, ICH and FDA guidelines to support other teams through IND filings
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or industrial engineering.
- Experience with applicable software and systems, including CRCM, IIA, CISA, and Iam Level II.
- Prior consulting experience.
- A leader and problem solver.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and an eye for continuous improvement.
- Comfortable with logical thinking and conducting risk assessments.
- Familiar with scripting and cloud computing.
- Able to edit and work within frameworks.
- Attention to detail with an eye on project closure.
- Demonstrated time management skills and professionalism at all times.
Senior Validation Analyst Salaries
Average Base Pay
Senior Validation Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Validation Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Validation Analyst Insights
“Good salary and bonuses.”
“Good Start to Career in Rail”
“Nice place to work fir”
“Best place to work in Ls industry”
“good work life balance”
“Very good work”
“Good Environment to work people here.”
“Salary is low compared to competitors.”
Senior Validation Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Validation Analyst
- Fraud Analyst
- QA Engineer
- Software Engineer In Test
- Test Engineer