What does a Web Producer do?
Web producers work in a hybrid position that combines aspects of journalism, design, and marketing. They are responsible for driving traffic to web pages, which means they must understand search engine optimization (SEO). They ensure the content of a website is optimized for a user’s experience and are in charge of arranging, editing, and sometimes creating website content, which includes music, video, flash, and print. Web producers are in charge of styling content to create the voice and character of a site and channel content into a coherent, unique style that is true to the site's brand.
Web producers oversee and monitor project designs and ensure the project meets requirements outlined by the client in a timely manner and identify and hire the resources that help designers, illustrators, and copywriters. They proofread and rewrite content where necessary and provide feedback to all relevant team members, and schedule projects on time while managing budgeting. Web producers need a minimum bachelor's degree in computer science, graphic designing, communication, business administration, or related fields.
- The position is responsible for high-visibility projects.
- Coach and mentor other newsroom team members on optimizing content for digital platforms.
- Across platforms, tell empowering stories, conduct impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.
- Lead planning calls for video across departments and teams.
- Ensure efficient execution of assignments by providing appropriate solutions to daily production challenges, including leadership and direction to staff.
- Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens and update content as stories develop (strong breaking news skills).
- Communicate effectively with clients, and sales on set to ensure client needs are met and content is being delivered against what has been sold.
- Successfully manage campaign budgets for programs in his/her/their categories.
- Coordinate and lead brand content production efforts with cross-functional partners.
- Help track and manage the work produced by the staff for time spent, usage and value to the company.
- Develop, manage, and maintain website via CMS through project oversight and performance management.
- The position oversees the daily content creation process for next-generation products with an eye towards identifying direct-to-consumer, paid experiences.
- Lead both internal and client-facing meetings (setting agenda, speaking to campaign progress and optimization opportunities).
- Manage workload, assigning and reviewing project tasks for senior members.
- Maintain an intuitive website that is designed for mapping, databases, modules, calendar, etc.
- Execute digital media to drive all brands and builds databases of customers utilizing social media.
- Utilize both domestic and offshore resources to efficiently deliver effective campaigns.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or journalism and experience in web production.
- Experience with HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, CSS, C, CODECS, and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated confidence and creative thinking skills.
- A collaborator with solid time management skills.
- Experience editing and liaising.
- Fluency in software tools and search engines.
Web Producer Salaries near United Kingdom
Average Base Pay
Web Producer Career Path
Learn how to become a Web Producer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Web Producer Insights
“All the staff members helped me figure out my duty and I could just get along.”
“Opportunities to grow as a marketer/ growth hacker because of the responsibilities you have as a Web Director”
“Last time I was there there was privilege girls judging people who actually worked work ethics.”
“It's really hard to do good work and achieve great results when you're not allowed to do things the way it ought to be done.”
“People are hired first and foremost because of a love of the outdoors not whether they are well qualified for the job.”
“Superiori che invece di preparare i ragazzi che assumono fanno loro un training scarso di una settimana pretendendo poi risultati impeccabili fin da subito”
“People are nice and welcoming.”
“One of the best reasons to work with Narrative would be the salary pay [if still offered] and the AC.”
Web Producer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Web Producer
- Executive Producer
- News Producer
- News Reporter
Get anonymous career insights from your peers
What would y’all do if you worked at a company that doesn’t give raises based on merit, you haven’t gotten a pay increase since 2021 even though they keep promising one, and you still have to fill out semi-annual self evaluation reports despite the fact that they have no evidence of growing your position or increasing your pay?