Compare Abcam vs BioLegend BETASee how working at Abcam vs. BioLegend compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Abcam vs. BioLegend. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Abcam scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Abcam.
- "Growing company" was the most mentioned Pro at BioLegend.
- "Car parking" was the most mentioned Con at Abcam.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at BioLegend.
I have been working at Abcam full-time
It has a great mission to support scientists with their discoveries. cares about the well being and happiness of their people, which attracts great talent and colleagues.
Can be a little too fast passed and not for people that don't like change.
Advice to Management
Keep on the good work!
I have been working at BioLegend full-time for more than a year
- approachable management (within reason) and really great colleagues - there is a good work culture here with regular company events - employees are mostly young (mid to late 20s, early 30s) and... happy to chat/socialise. if you're a positive and outgoing person you will do well here. - the company is also growing fast, change is constantly happening, not always communicated well but it's nice to see management taking real steps to improve things - real efforts by HR to turn problems around (see cons below) - nice big new campus in construction!
- simply not enough staff, people regularly work 11-12hr days here because there is just so much to do. amount of overtime has gone up lately and people are getting tired. - and yet... for those... people killing themselves at this job, options for raise/promotion seem small to none??? - the message I get from this: this company is GREAT to kickstart your career/gain basic skills, but MOVE ON as soon as you've got enough under your belt.
Advice to Management
- make the company more attractive for employees, either through better salaries, opportunities for advancement, bonuses, more vacation, training... look at what competitors are doing, be creative -... it is not ok or healthy for people to be working 12 hour days every day, every week, for months on end. I see people running towards burnout because they care so much about getting the job done and their managers do not stop them. HIRE MORE PEOPLE, and reward those who go above and beyond. - otherwise, I see lots of great changes ahead, keep it coming!!