Compare Alarm.com vs Opower BETASee how working at Alarm.com vs. Opower compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Alarm.com vs. Opower. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Alarm.com scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Alarm.com.
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Opower.
- "Growing pains" was the most mentioned Con at Alarm.com.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Opower.
I worked at Alarm.com for less than a year
Coworkers are incredibly friendly and accommodating. The HR and IT departments also make life very easy.
Behemoth of a technology stack, resulting in large amounts of downtime just waiting for solutions to build
I have been working at Opower full-time for less than a year
Smart people... I've been working in Intel and Oracle before and the professional level in Opower is even higher. In addition you really feel valued and the management is really helpful. By the way,... it's the first time that I enjoy working for a company and I don't mind answering emails on the weekend... Dan and Alex got it! :) When you feel that you are working for a nice company with nice people around and you are decreasing the climate change... What else can you ask for??? :) I would like to add that even the brand is amazing. We have some goodies that are really nice and Opower is now a real brand with some marketing that is awesome!
There are two tiny issues I would complain for... First, there are a lot of internal reviews in a bad moment of the year. Second, the goodies that are sent to the offices out of the States are really... poor... We don't get the good ones! ;)
Advice to Management
Send more goodies to Europe! And now seriously, please book the review times more wisely :)