Compare Alaska Airlines vs Menzies Aviation BETASee how working at Alaska Airlines vs. Menzies Aviation compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Alaska Airlines vs. Menzies Aviation. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Alaska Airlines scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Flight benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Alaska Airlines.
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Menzies Aviation.
- Alaska Airlines had 4 more reviews than Menzies Aviation that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Alaska Airlines full-time for more than 10 years
-Alaska encourages us to make human connections with our guests for they feel welcomed. So you will find Alaska Airlines Flight Attendants are usually very cheerful and friendly and a lot of that has... to do with working for such a great company. 98% of us LOVE our job here! The other 2% probably just need a vacation in Hawaii as they are probably working too much. Seniority is everything. Everything gets better with each year you put in; from the trips to the pay to high priority status when traveling for pleasure. After a few years you will have way more flexibility with your schedule then most jobs offer. You can work more or less each month if you want to however there are incentives to working more than your schedule and downsides like losing vacation days if you don’t meet the minimums each year. Layovers in Hawaii Having a favorite restaurant in every city
Not super easy to commute to our bases if you live on the East Coast. Have to work weekends, all-nighters sometimes followed by an early morning check-in. You will miss major holidays with family... and friends. -Friends (not true friends) won’t understand your lifestyle and push you away -If you are dating or married to someone who is insecure and the jealous type, either you won’t last as a flight attendant or your relationship won’t. Of course, it is always hard to be the one left behind while your SO is out experiencing new fun places, but a word of advice no flight attendant ever regretted choosing to be a flight attendant however when the relationship later fails they regret giving up their dream to be a flight attendant. You have to be constantly bright and cheery even at 4am even though you only slept 2 hours the night before.