Compare Amazon Lab126 vs Nest BETASee how working at Amazon Lab126 vs. Nest compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon Lab126 vs. Nest. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon Lab126 scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Nest scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Amazon Lab126 had 11 more reviews than Nest that mentioned "Smart people" as a Pro.
- Amazon Lab126 had 49 more reviews than Nest that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Amazon Lab126 full-time
You work with some very smart people who genuinely care a lot about the product, the pay is good, and even though some rules sound fairly strict (smart casual dress code for example), if you get your... job done, people don't care. Hackathons were also a great chance to experiment with the Kindle.
Very political - there were tensions within my group, and to get things done you really had to get people on your side on the exec level. Often needed to get approval before I could go ahead and do... things.