Compare Amazon vs ALDI BETASee how working at Amazon vs. ALDI compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. ALDI. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- ALDI scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at ALDI.
- Amazon had 2,316 more reviews than ALDI that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 8 years
Customer centric, insists on highest standards, great peer group, variety of projects to gain great experience
Challenging projects, time management, deliverables, meetings, project timelines
I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year
It's a 48 hour working week, but with the shift times you get so much out of your free time. It's the best work-life balance I've had in 8 years of retail. Looking at salaries of similar jobs, and... even those elsewhere with more responsibility, nowhere compares to Aldi in terms of logistics pay.
A lot of people are comfortable in their roles, and are happy to stay there until retirement. As such, positions can stay occupied for a long time which can limit progression opportunities.
Advice to Management
Make a certain length of service be of equal merit to a 2:1 degree when it comes to promotions.