Compare Amazon vs MapR Technologies BETASee how working at Amazon vs. MapR Technologies compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. MapR Technologies. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- MapR Technologies scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Big data" was the most mentioned Pro at MapR Technologies.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
- "Hadoop" was the most mentioned Con at MapR Technologies.
I have been working at MapR Technologies full-time for more than a year
Employees are treated well and equally. The Executive team are "normal" people who talk to you. The company try to keep employees informed, with a super friendly culture. Colleagues are very... supportive, with great knowledge and experience, not just in EMEA, but throughout the organisation - from my colleagues at HQ in Santa Clara, to those I have met during our Sales Kick-Offs in the U.S. Working in sales / marketing, the product is fundamental to my pride at work and career prospects within an organisation. Since joining MapR I have met multiple clients from a variety of industries and the all have been extremely happy with the product and service delivered. My job allows me to be part of an exciting hyper-growth journey at MapR - it is a great time to be at MapR!
When a company is growing there will be growing pains and certain challenges. But that also makes MapR and exciting place to work and keeps my job interesting. Each day brings new challenges, but... if you are prepared to work hard, then the satisfaction of genuinely contributing to the success of a business outweighs any negatives.
Advice to Management
As we grow across all departments, hiring the right people at the right time is crucial to our success. Make sure our employees aren't too stretched and be proactive rather than reactive.