Compare Amazon vs Oxford University Press BETASee how working at Amazon vs. Oxford University Press compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. Oxford University Press. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Oxford University Press scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Oxford University Press.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
- "Oup" was the most mentioned Con at Oxford University Press.
I worked at Oxford University Press full-time for more than a year
Great culture, very supportive, and they treat you like a capable worker (not micro-managing, in my experience). Was really happy with my manager and my team. Very fun focused and outgoing.... Great Christmas party in Oxford too!!
Make sure you ask if you need assistance. In my experience, you will be trusted to perform your duties and achieve your targets under your own steam - but that does not mean support is not there. In... fact there's plenty, but be sure to mention if you struggle. Was one instance of a manager wanting to anonymously provide negative feedback on an employee changing jobs internally (what would amount to unaccountable character assassination), but this was stopped by HR. Some salaries could be higher (but you could say that everywhere!)
Advice to Management
Very 'right on' with the latest causes which is good, but some questions as to whether business performance and organisational success should be prioritised. It's hard to adopt a universal... culture across all verticals within a business.