Compare American Express vs Amazon BETASee how working at American Express vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at American Express vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- American Express scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Amazon had 2,092 more reviews than American Express that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at American Express.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
I have been working at American Express full-time
More than I have time to list
Working for a large international business isn't for everyone.
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 8 years
Customer centric, insists on highest standards, great peer group, variety of projects to gain great experience
Challenging projects, time management, deliverables, meetings, project timelines