Compare American Express vs Capital One BETASee how working at American Express vs. Capital One compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at American Express vs. Capital One. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- American Express scored higher in 4 areas: Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Capital One scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Capital One had 479 more reviews than American Express that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- American Express had 39 more reviews than Capital One that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at American Express full-time
More than I have time to list
Working for a large international business isn't for everyone.
I have been working at Capital One full-time
Development Culture - you’re encouraged to really own your own development and the opportunities you see and go after. Commitment to work/life balance. Investor in People - they hire brilliant... people and recognise individual talent. It’s an amazing place to work - even on zoom.
Can’t think of any cons! They expect a lot but give back in what their employees give.