Compare American Family Insurance vs State Farm BETASee how working at American Family Insurance vs. State Farm compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at American Family Insurance vs. State Farm. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- American Family Insurance scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- State Farm had 361 more reviews than American Family Insurance that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- State Farm had 507 more reviews than American Family Insurance that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- State Farm had 216 more reviews than American Family Insurance that mentioned "No benefits" as a Con.
I worked at American Family Insurance full-time for more than 3 years
Great company with innovative technology systems that were easy to use and prevented potential errors. People from all cultures and walks of life can feel supported here. The marketing materials are... beautiful, and people will sing the AmFam jingle when you tell them where you work. The company takes care of their clients, so you can feel proud working here.
No benefits for agency staff.
Advice to Management
Add health insurance and other benefits to all employees of independent agencies.