Compare Associated British Foods vs Waitrose & Partners BETASee how working at Associated British Foods vs. Waitrose & Partners compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Associated British Foods vs. Waitrose & Partners. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Associated British Foods scored higher in 3 areas: Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Waitrose & Partners scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Waitrose & Partners.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Waitrose & Partners.
I have been working at Associated British Foods full-time for less than a year
As the group head office for a large diversified business, you will get to work across a wider variety of sectors and build your business/commercial awareness. ABF operates with a decentralised... model, your work is driven by demand from the businesses, so the focus is on the value you add, and critically thinking about the why and how of you job keeps things fresh. Influence is key to getting the businesses to engage. If you perform well there are opportunities to progress into roles out in the various businesses.
Might not suit someone who is use to traditional centralised corporate Can be tricky to figure your way around the model to start with - but people do want to help
Advice to Management
Autonomy is great, and not wanting to lose the decentralised approach, but would be good to have a more connected culture across the teams in the centre