Compare AstraZeneca vs Met Office BETASee how working at AstraZeneca vs. Met Office compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at AstraZeneca vs. Met Office. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- AstraZeneca scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Met Office scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at AstraZeneca.
- "Flexible working" was the most mentioned Pro at Met Office.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at AstraZeneca.
- "Civil service" was the most mentioned Con at Met Office.
I worked at AstraZeneca full-time for more than a year
Best oncology portfolio on the market, great career development opportunities, very competent people, exciting times ahead, extremely strong outlook
Big corporate culture, bureaucracy and lots of flux/restructuring can be frustrating at times
Advice to Management
Promote good people, reward performance
I have been working at Met Office full-time for more than a year
Working in a global centre of Excellence for weather and climate services. The Met Office has a wide range of roles ranging from Technology to Science and so you learn a lot of new skills and... knowledge. Salaries and benefits are good compared to many public sector bodies. There is access to the Civil Service Pension scheme. The Head Office in Exeter has a modern spacious environment with a restaurant, cafe and grounds to walk around. Staff are friendly and from a range of backgrounds and nationalities. There is a gym in Exeter and numerous clubs for staff to get involved in ranging from Brass bands to Language clubs.
You are asked by people daily what the weather is