Compare Atlassian vs Iress BETASee how working at Atlassian vs. Iress compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Atlassian vs. Iress. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Atlassian scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Iress scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Atlassian.
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Iress.
- "Sydney" was the most mentioned Con at Atlassian.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Con at Iress.
I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year
This company is growing so quickly, and there is a ton to do! There are so many challenges for you to solve, some of the biggest challenges you can solve in a career. And that makes it exciting. ... But what's even better is that Atlassian really gives its employees the room to solve those tough challenges. More than any company I've ever been at, Atlassian tries really hard to take all of the pressures that might prevent you from being effective. From the benefits, to the food, to the healthcare, the pay, etc. It's an amazing experience. The employees are some of the smartest people I've ever worked with, and it's an absolute pleasure to come to work every single day. Of course, this could be a "new job honeymoon" - but every one I talk to, who's been here for many years, feels the exact same way still. Everyone is working really hard - and don't get me wrong, it's not like we're all putting in 10 hour days, every day, or anything. But it's when we are working, we're working hard, intelligently, fast, effective, and efficient. And the best part of the business? our company values (look them up) - we live and breathe them every day.
Growing pains. Another pro of Atlassian is we're always trying to disrupt ourselves, before our competitors do. But, that can sometimes cause maybe some confusion, or disconnect, or have a lack... of clarity - but, that's okay. Because if we didn't do it to ourselves, our competitors would. I want to address one "con" I've seen in other reviews - and that's the pay. I think the pay is "fair" or "average" for the bay area. But what you have to really look at is the total compensation (normally I wouldn't say this, but this time I do). The free food, the free healthcare, the stocks, the health stipend, the commuter benefits, etc...
Advice to Management
Continue to really double down on the company values. Make sure every employee has a growth plan, so that they're always working towards not just the goals for the company - but also the goals for... themselves. Check in every chance you can - and ask each employee a simple question "scale of 1 - 10, how happy are you?" You'll find a LOT of people will be very close to a 10 - which is great! But if there are any pockets, catch them asap! (other companies don't do this, and I've seen these pockets create toxic environments that leak out everywhere).
I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 5 years
- simply a stunning response to the pandemic in terms of flexible support for staff and their families. Looking back, the support provided is (and continues to be) breathtaking - not only does the... company provide significant support to staff and clients, but this year the creation of a coronavirus support hub available to the market was simply stunning evidencing the ethos flowing throughout the company. Very proud! -having targeted Iress as a company I wanted to work for back in 2015 my goals and desires have been exceeded, easily the best career decision I have made - Continuously investing in the product, but more importantly continuously seeking feedback direct from the users of our software to inform the associated roadmaps - Fast moving, sensible acquisitions, clear strategy, aligned goals, a great company to work for!
- Extremely fast moving in every aspect which does bring short term challenges BUT supports the right long term strategy (note also listed as a pro!)
Advice to Management
Keep it going, i'm looking forward to a very long and successful career at Iress.