Compare BSI Group vs Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics BETASee how working at BSI Group vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at BSI Group vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- BSI Group scored higher in 7 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics scored higher in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at BSI Group.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at BSI Group.
I have been working at BSI Group full-time for less than a year
Laura and the team really worked hard to ensure the interview/package suited both parties. Communication throughout was flawless! Slight issue with my internet during the interview but Graeme/Kerry... put me at ease.
COVID-19 meant the interview process was conducted remotely but actually really got me thinking of how best to set my self up for remote audits have once I started.
Advice to Management
Nothing negative, Laura was fantastic
I worked at Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics full-time
- State of the art research facilities - Extremely bright and talented scientists (for the most part) - An illustrious selection of world-class seminar speakers - Beautiful city, great for... people who like nature, forests, hiking, skiing.
- Recurring issues with scientific misconduct - Mobbing and bullying of grad students by senior faculty will not be investigated. If reported, the messenger might be punished - Depending on PI,... extremely long working hours and weekend work. This point is debatable, since most scientists love their jobs and don't mind the overtime. - Barely any industry networking events and skill building workshop to prepare people for industry. The sole purpose of this institute is to build future leaders in academia.
Advice to Management
- Comply to work law and the official MPG standards for ethical research. - Let go PIs, who bully their staff.