Compare BlackRock vs Legal & General BETASee how working at BlackRock vs. Legal & General compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at BlackRock vs. Legal & General. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- BlackRock scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Legal & General scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- BlackRock had 189 more reviews than Legal & General that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at BlackRock.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at Legal & General.
I have been working at Legal & General full-time
Great pay and benefits, very smart employees, nice ish offices, treat all staff like adults, forward thinking in terms of agile, working practices and becoming digital, genuine interest in learning... and development and has benefits to society (in particular the UK) at the heart of every decision.
Still needs to continue its journey to update legacy systems, the various UK offices and divisions sometimes feel siloed as opposed to working together and of course pockets of poor senior management... who can really impact the benefits above (although every company has a small proportion of these types of senior managers). There is also an element of who ever speaks louder and with most conviction will get promoted and do well irrespective of ability, both technical and soft skills.
Advice to Management
Those at the very top of the ladder need to assess their leadership team and genuinely think are they the best for the role, regardless of their CV's and experience.