Compare Bloomberg L.P. vs D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm BETASee how working at Bloomberg L.P. vs. D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bloomberg L.P. vs. D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Bloomberg L.P..
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.
- Bloomberg L.P. had 186 more reviews than D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
- Bloomberg L.P. had 113 more reviews than D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 5 years
Combining the best of the financial and technological elements of the job market, Bloomberg is an excellent firm to work for. Driven by results, but with a fair work-life balance : allowing each... employee to adapt accordingly to their ambition and personal/family needs. Excellent facilities (their London office is the best in the world) and perks. Firm has a fantastic track record since its inception.
It could create an internal platform for innovative ideas; or partnering with employees launching new enterprises.
I worked at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
Decent comp, generally nice and mostly smart people, trusted to get on with the job
Tenure matters more than it should