Compare Boots vs Barchester Healthcare BETASee how working at Boots vs. Barchester Healthcare compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Boots vs. Barchester Healthcare. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Boots scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Barchester Healthcare scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Boots.
- "Care staff" was the most mentioned Pro at Barchester Healthcare.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Boots.
- "Carers" was the most mentioned Con at Barchester Healthcare.
I have been working at Boots part-time
All colleagues are supportive and lovely. If you are eligible you can get the boots employee discount card which is amazing!
Long working hours.. But except that I dont find any cons yet. I think it is difficult to find the vacancy as people work for a long time here?
I have been working at Barchester Healthcare full-time for less than a year
They genuinely support staff to reach their potential, they are always looking to develop people to the next step. They are considerate of anyone who is struggling in work or their personal life and... try to help. Throughout the Covid pandemic they have set up all sorts of staff support mechanisms, have paid for anyone isolating or shielding and they really care. I have seen MD's visibly upset when bad news has reached them. There is not another care company like this.
They have very high standards and will give everyone the support to reach these, but there is no chance at slacking off.
Advice to Management
Stay at it, keep listening and making the decisions with the right intentions as you have done.