Compare Canadian Tire vs Sport Chek BETASee how working at Canadian Tire vs. Sport Chek compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Canadian Tire vs. Sport Chek. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Canadian Tire scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Sport Chek scored higher in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Profit sharing" was the most mentioned Pro at Canadian Tire.
- "Great discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Sport Chek.
- Canadian Tire had 37 more reviews than Sport Chek that mentioned "Minimum wage" as a Con.
I worked at Canadian Tire full-time
Working at Canadian Tire was an enjoyable experience as a teenager. It's a good job for first timers.
As with all retail, you deal with the best and worst of today's society. Some days it seems everyone is in a good mood and vice versa.
Advice to Management
The management at the Canadian Tire I worked at were great. They communicated constantly, and maintained an open-door policy.