Compare Cancer Research UK vs Alzheimer's Society BETASee how working at Cancer Research UK vs. Alzheimer's Society compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Cancer Research UK vs. Alzheimer's Society. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cancer Research UK scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Alzheimer's Society scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Cancer Research UK.
- "People affected" was the most mentioned Pro at Alzheimer's Society.
- Cancer Research UK had 26 more reviews than Alzheimer's Society that mentioned "Charity" as a Con.
I have been working at Alzheimer's Society full-time
I've always found it to be a caring, constructive, and exciting place to work - and this has improved even further in the past 12 months. The senior leaders and the CEO have been really open and... honest and have created a really trusted space in the past year - genuinely listening and making compassionate decisions, and balancing pushing us forward to make a real difference to people with dementia, but also keep wellbeing and inclusivity high on the agenda. There are increasing opportunities to get involved in activities and project outside my role -and so many colleagues with incredible expertise, to learn from. There is a real sense of working together. And I have the most supportive team - both the team I lead, and the leadership team i'm part of. The right amount of constructive challenge, to help each other keep improving and innovating, and the right amount of care and support, - always someone at the other end of the phone.
Sometimes tries to do too much, which can slow down progress - but this has improved in the past 12 months