Compare Cancer Research UK vs British Heart Foundation BETASee how working at Cancer Research UK vs. British Heart Foundation compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Cancer Research UK vs. British Heart Foundation. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cancer Research UK scored higher in 2 areas: Overall Rating and % Recommend to a friend.
- British Heart Foundation scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Cancer Research UK.
- "Friendly staff" was the most mentioned Pro at British Heart Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation had 1 more reviews than Cancer Research UK that mentioned "Charity" as a Con.
I worked at Cancer Research UK part-time for less than a year
Learn a multitude of skills that are difficult to acquire or progress towards in other paid retail jobs. For example, in a year I learnt the skills for Till cashier, Sales and customer assistant,... Shop display, Banking and public fundraiser. Also when something is donated that you like you can reserve it for yourself and get it for 10% even when it is ridiculously cheap. Staff are like family and environment is very fun and chill.
Overworked at times due to being understaffed and the manager usually sees the volunteer as inferior and was not appreciating the efforts of us as volunteers.
Advice to Management
Although pay will not be received please gift your hard-working volunteers in other ways!