Compare Cisco Systems vs Met Office BETASee how working at Cisco Systems vs. Met Office compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Cisco Systems vs. Met Office. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cisco Systems scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Met Office scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible work" was the most mentioned Pro at Cisco Systems.
- "Flexible working" was the most mentioned Pro at Met Office.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Cisco Systems.
- "Civil service" was the most mentioned Con at Met Office.
I worked at Cisco Systems
Had an amazing year-long internship experience in the IT org. Everyone was very friendly, a lot of funded events were organised and I felt part of the wider team. Management was approachable and let... you in on the bigger decisions being made. I was able to take responsbility for my own work and decide the direction of my projects - manager was always approving of my work.
While it didn't affect me, there was a lot of re-org in IT so I saw many team mates leave after knowing them for 6+ months which was sad. The general rate of work seems quite slow, which is great for... someone who wants a comfortable 8h 5 day job but if you're more driven you might want to consider client-facing work or a SME.
Advice to Management
Keep supporting interns :)
I have been working at Met Office for more than a year
Intelligent workforce, Great systems always looking to improve. Great people skills
Don't have resources to operate efficiently
Advice to Management
Doing all the right things but resourcing the business model to work effectively