Compare Cvent vs Opower BETASee how working at Cvent vs. Opower compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Cvent vs. Opower. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cvent scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
- Opower scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Cvent.
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Opower.
- Cvent had 83 more reviews than Opower that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Cvent part-time for more than a year
- Great people who make work fun - majority are geuinely kind and caring, always willing to help no matter what job - Lots of socials including monthly drinks and different activities - Not one day... is the same, always something new and different to do so I never get bored - Management are readily accessible, easy to talk to and not condescending or itimidating - very friendly and treat you as a friend - Good guidance for what I want to do and encouragement when I have new ideas for the office and for my role - Rewarded and appreciated for doing well both in words of appreciation and in salary
- Location of office - not a great commute for some employees but I guess you can't please everyone and current office also lacks meeting rooms - Some days can be very long - really unpredictable... workload in my job role - Very busy in the run up to and during CONNECT - had to work long hours way past my scheduled timetable and no Time Off In Lieu - Seems like Sales always get the most incentives with fun competitions and evenings out - May feel there is bias towards Cvent HQ
Advice to Management
Recognise and reward your outstanding employees before they even start looking for a new job, that way they won't even consider leaving. We've lost a lot of good people because recognition and reward... was too little, too late.
I have been working at Opower full-time for less than a year
Smart people... I've been working in Intel and Oracle before and the professional level in Opower is even higher. In addition you really feel valued and the management is really helpful. By the way,... it's the first time that I enjoy working for a company and I don't mind answering emails on the weekend... Dan and Alex got it! :) When you feel that you are working for a nice company with nice people around and you are decreasing the climate change... What else can you ask for??? :) I would like to add that even the brand is amazing. We have some goodies that are really nice and Opower is now a real brand with some marketing that is awesome!
There are two tiny issues I would complain for... First, there are a lot of internal reviews in a bad moment of the year. Second, the goodies that are sent to the offices out of the States are really... poor... We don't get the good ones! ;)
Advice to Management
Send more goodies to Europe! And now seriously, please book the review times more wisely :)