Compare D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm vs G-Research BETASee how working at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm vs. G-Research compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm vs. G-Research. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- G-Research scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm had 10 more reviews than G-Research that mentioned "Smart people" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Con at G-Research.
I worked at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
Decent comp, generally nice and mostly smart people, trusted to get on with the job
Tenure matters more than it should
I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than 3 years
Friendly teams, with incredibly bright colleagues. Management respect and heed advice and direction from technical teams. Industry leading compensation, would be hard to beat unless you're willing to... sacrifice your life outside of work. Great support throughout virus period.
Security restrictions, but these are improving. Working from home was previously restricted, will have to see how this is handled after the virus period.
Advice to Management
Continue doing what you're doing. You clearly value upwards feedback, continue to do so!