Compare Delta Air Lines vs ExpressJet Airlines BETASee how working at Delta Air Lines vs. ExpressJet Airlines compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Delta Air Lines vs. ExpressJet Airlines. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Delta Air Lines scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Delta Air Lines had 531 more reviews than ExpressJet Airlines that mentioned "Flight benefits" as a Pro.
- Delta Air Lines had 264 more reviews than ExpressJet Airlines that mentioned "Travel benefits" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Delta Air Lines.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at ExpressJet Airlines.
I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time for more than 8 years
Great leadership in our CEO, Ed Bastian and management team. Opportunities to advance and grow in the company. Besides the amazing benefits, it is a blessing to work for a company that truly cares... for its people (employees and customers). Great culture and diversity ... employees love their jobs and take care of each other!
No cons comes to mind in regards to working for this amazing airline!
Advice to Management
Thank you Ed and team for always taking care of our people and leading by great example! Employees are loyal and love their jobs because of our culture and the great leadership in our airline!
I worked at ExpressJet Airlines full-time for more than 10 years
I really enjoyed working there. I had a great schedule and with my seniority I could hold just about any schedule and days off that I wanted. I could hold off every holiday and weekends if I... preferred. The crews were very nice and always helpful. I loved my job..until we closed.
More organization was definitely needed. If there were flights that were running extremely late and there were reserves available and aircraft the company would run everyone late without thinking... things through. This could have caused the crew to time out and or additional cancellations.