Compare Delta Air Lines vs Spirit Airlines BETASee how working at Delta Air Lines vs. Spirit Airlines compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Delta Air Lines vs. Spirit Airlines. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Delta Air Lines scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Spirit Airlines scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Delta Air Lines had 513 more reviews than Spirit Airlines that mentioned "Flight benefits" as a Pro.
- Delta Air Lines had 239 more reviews than Spirit Airlines that mentioned "Travel benefits" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Delta Air Lines.
- "Airline" was the most mentioned Con at Spirit Airlines.
I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time
Travel perks, open minded servant leadership. Innovative.
The airline industry is tanking now due to COVID.
Advice to Management
The best of luck- you will get through this!
I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year
-Travel benefits -Health insurance -Work/life balance -Reserve life is MUCH shorter than other airlines -Workload and job is incredibly easy, generally speaking
-Management is constantly looking for loopholes in the poorly written contract in order to shortchange us. -Crew Scheduling is ALWAYS purposely breaking the contract--"Fly it and grieve... it" -Reputation isn't the best -Company is always miscalculating your pay, so self-audits are almost a must every single month. -It's like ripping teeth out just to get ANY management to respond to emails. Have a question for HR? Good luck. They'll respond in about two months, or not at all.
Advice to Management
Listen to your employees and show genuine concern for them. We feel like just another number you want to replace at any given moment. Also, RESPOND TO YOUR EMAILS.