Compare Delta Air Lines vs Spirit Airlines BETASee how working at Delta Air Lines vs. Spirit Airlines compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Delta Air Lines vs. Spirit Airlines. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Delta Air Lines scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Spirit Airlines scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Delta Air Lines had 559 more reviews than Spirit Airlines that mentioned "Flight benefits" as a Pro.
- Delta Air Lines had 257 more reviews than Spirit Airlines that mentioned "Travel benefits" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Delta Air Lines.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at Spirit Airlines.
I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time for more than 8 years
Great leadership in our CEO, Ed Bastian and management team. Opportunities to advance and grow in the company. Besides the amazing benefits, it is a blessing to work for a company that truly cares... for its people (employees and customers). Great culture and diversity ... employees love their jobs and take care of each other!
No cons comes to mind in regards to working for this amazing airline!
Advice to Management
Thank you Ed and team for always taking care of our people and leading by great example! Employees are loyal and love their jobs because of our culture and the great leadership in our airline!
I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year
The leadership at spirit is some of the best I have ever experienced or heard about. I have mostly interacted with leadership in the training department to be more specific. I know, without a doubt,... our skillset as instructors is valued highly by our leadership. These are the kind of bosses that make you WANT to work effectively and efficiently. They supplement professional development and set you up for success. Spirit often talks about making customers into 'super fans' but the real secret is that they care for us so much, that we become 'super fans' and this leads to a great service/product for the customer. They invest in their people heavily. Also communication from execs to the lowest level and everywhere in-between, is great!
Airline job security. The industry fluctuates but you will find this at ANY airline. However, at spirit, this is much less of a worry.
Advice to Management
Continue your formula for success, it works. Keep caring for your people, together we will become the most successful airline on earth!