Compare Despegar.com vs Secret Escapes BETASee how working at Despegar.com vs. Secret Escapes compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Despegar.com vs. Secret Escapes. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Despegar.com scored higher in 1 area: % Recommend to a friend.
- Secret Escapes scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Buen ambiente" was the most mentioned Pro at Despegar.com.
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Secret Escapes.
- "No hay" was the most mentioned Con at Despegar.com.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at Secret Escapes.
I have been working at Despegar.com full-time for more than 3 years
- Very diverse and awesome tech stack (java, kotlin, scala, nodejs, linux, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc)... Microservice oriented architecture... - Very important product company..Is a tech... unicorn - Depend on the team, but openness on adapting different technologies - Good people in general
- Lately, the company is declining in many aspects...It doesn't know how to innovate anymore, it just thinks on improving market share in their business...its a management problem really - Burocracy,... we are now a big enterprise - A lot of the best people Despegar had in the last years is lefting the company, and nobody is doing nothing...Its depressing - The coronavirus impacted and will continue to impact badly to the tourism industry, we don't know right now what will happen, but it looks bad
I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for more than 3 years
A company really going places and constantly innovating. If you have an idea and its backed by data you can work on it. People are also amazing and very friendly.
Salaries a quite low compared to the industry average and I don't see that improving anytime soon