Compare Dorsey & Whitney vs Merchant & Gould BETASee how working at Dorsey & Whitney vs. Merchant & Gould compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Dorsey & Whitney vs. Merchant & Gould. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Dorsey & Whitney scored higher in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities and Positive Business Outlook.
- Merchant & Gould scored higher in 4 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Senior Management and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Support staff" was the most mentioned Pro at Dorsey & Whitney.
- "Law firm" was the most mentioned Con at Dorsey & Whitney.
I have been working at Dorsey & Whitney full-time for more than 3 years
Pro bono programs are wonderful with full-time staff supporting and fostering the opportunities
The firm is profit driven, however, it tends to pay less attention to associates’ and staff’s well-beings and life and work balance, especially during the pandemic.
I worked at Merchant & Gould full-time for more than 10 years
Steady amount of work flow coming inhouse. Exciting software progams to utilize. Very good salary.
Too many bosses. Too many ridiculous expectations by attorneys and secretary's just to save a buck or two. Inability of attorneys to work cohesivly with staff. Attornies live in their own little... world and refuse to change. Don't ask any non project related questions, there is never a straight answer.
Advice to Management
Buisness should not be all about the money. People matter and should be allowed to know the REAL reason they are shunned and kicked aside as garbage. Attornies should give straight answers instead of... caned firm approved NOISE.