Compare Fisher Investments vs Gap BETASee how working at Fisher Investments vs. Gap compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Fisher Investments vs. Gap. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Fisher Investments scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Gap scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Fisher Investments.
- "Employee discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Gap.
- Gap had 104 more reviews than Fisher Investments that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 5 years
Too many times you see top-tier financial firms look to hire individuals that come from a certain type of family pedigree, and strictly those that have gone to Ivy League schools. As a first... generation American, my parents didn't understand the American system to help guide me towards my future. Fisher Investments took me in with open arms after I graduated school, and has given me countless opportunities and support; some of the pros I’d like to highlight: • Company Culture – diversity is heavily promoted, regardless of your ethnicity, educational background, gender, sexual orientation, etc. you’re provided opportunities to be successful and move into a role you desire • Management Support – management provides support to its employees both inside and outside of Fisher Investments • Women Empowerment – 3 of the business units at Fisher Investments are led by women (at the very top of the business units) • Grooming from within – the firm promotes from within • Employees – the firm genuinely cares about its employees and their well-being which extends beyond the walls of Fisher Investments • Clients – the firm puts the client first, I’ve worked at banks/insurance companies prior coming to Fisher and they put numbers before their clients, it was a refreshing change that makes me very proud to this day • Benefits – 50% match on your 401K and medical/dental insurance that covered by the firm in its entirety • CEO – highly approve of the CEO, his first order was to meet with the majority of the firm to understand pain points and what we can be doing better as a company, which has resulted in various teams working to implement change employees want to see
• Technology – the tech used in the firm is outdated and slow, which can make certain assignments frustrating at times. I’m glad to see there is a plan that is currently in the works to transform... this aspect of the company. • Hours – One would expect hours to be long, but the flexibility provided at other companies should be considered here. Not that flexible • Work from home – working from home isn’t really allowed, which would be a great benefit