Compare General Mills vs PepsiCo BETASee how working at General Mills vs. PepsiCo compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at General Mills vs. PepsiCo. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- General Mills scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at General Mills.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at PepsiCo.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at General Mills.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at PepsiCo.
I worked at General Mills full-time for more than 3 years
Great Culture, brands, teamwork. Good balance of commitment & fun.
Politics with head office and European innovation centre
I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years
All colleagues are highly professional and excellent at their jobs. Ways of working are as important as the work itself. Colleagues are supportive and encouraging, although top notch work is... expected at all times. Very flexible and understanding when home life demands creep in to your working day (nursery pick ups etc). Promotion is based on excellence - all senior leaders are there for the right reasons and provide excellent value add.
I suppose a con could be that if you're not excellent, you'll be managed out of the company. Although for those left, this is a positive!