Compare Google vs Uber BETASee how working at Google vs. Uber compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Google vs. Uber. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Google scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Google.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Uber.
- "Big company" was the most mentioned Con at Google.
- "Riders" was the most mentioned Con at Uber.
I worked at Uber for less than a year
- Fantastic work/life balance - Vast amount of benefits: £10 per day lunch allowance, travel is covered to and from work, etc. -
- As an EXT (agency worker) you don't have access to as many benefits as a full-time worker and there is no sick-pay. - Also as an EXT, there are certain emails and business meetings that you are... not privy to, this leaves you feeling a bit like a second class citizen. - Not much chance of progression in Greenlight as it's a relatively flat hierarchy.
Advice to Management