Compare Guardian News & Media vs Oxford University Press BETASee how working at Guardian News & Media vs. Oxford University Press compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Guardian News & Media vs. Oxford University Press. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Guardian News & Media scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Oxford University Press scored higher in 3 areas: Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Oxford University Press had 55 more reviews than Guardian News & Media that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at Guardian News & Media.
- "Oup" was the most mentioned Con at Oxford University Press.
I worked at Guardian News & Media full-time for more than 5 years
It's so true I'll say is twice. The people are amazing. Very good work/life balance Managers are very understanding when it comes to personal problems
Bonus structure was always very complicated and difficult to achieve at times due to the many layers it was made up of (some of those things being out of your control) Due to the fact it is a huge... nearly 200 year old organisation it can be very stuck in it's ways when it comes to processes and implementing new ideas Personal progress was always very slow and promotions were hard to come by