Compare H&R Block vs Jackson Hewitt BETASee how working at H&R Block vs. Jackson Hewitt compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at H&R Block vs. Jackson Hewitt. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- H&R Block scored higher in 1 area: Culture & Values.
- Jackson Hewitt scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- H&R Block had 232 more reviews than Jackson Hewitt that mentioned "Flexible schedule" as a Pro.
- "Tax season" was the most mentioned Con at H&R Block.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at Jackson Hewitt.
I worked at H&R Block part-time for more than 5 years
I enjoyed the tax education classes every Fall. Most importantly I enjoyed making my clients feel more relaxed about their taxes.
During busy times, depending on the city and state you work in, you can work a solid 8 hours before taking a break because the office is so packed with clients, walk-ins and appointments. Another... city and state I worked in, was not as busy as what i stated before.