Compare Harrods vs Hays BETASee how working at Harrods vs. Hays compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Harrods vs. Hays. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Harrods scored higher in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
- Hays scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Staff discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Harrods.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Pro at Hays.
- Hays had 441 more reviews than Harrods that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Harrods full-time for more than 5 years
You feel part of a family and are proud to work for such a great work place. Our five employee values fit perfectly with our brand and living them in all we do feels natural and something you do... without even thinking about. I just hope they will let me continue working after retirement age!
There is not a single thing I’d want to change, if someone asked me to create my own job role in the perfect place, I would create what I have now. I’m always grateful for that, and still have to... pinch myself to think I work in Harrods. I don’t think I’ll ever except it!
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you’re doing, continue living our values so we can work together as a team and deliver The Art of the Possible 👍🏻
I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 8 years
First class technology to support you doing your job and excellent progression for staff - either those of us who join as experienced recruiters or trainees.
As we are based in Scotland we haven't been able to work in the office since March 2020 - while I appreciate this isn't unique to Hays! And actually likely a pro to many people as some organisations... may be making employees go to an office when they aren't comfortable with protection measures in place; but personally I would like to have the option to return as soon as possible.