Compare IBM vs Amazon BETASee how working at IBM vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IBM vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- IBM scored higher in 4 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Amazon scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Good work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at IBM.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at IBM.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years
The IBMer ! - great colleagues. IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company
Complex organisation, can at times be frustratingly slow - but this is recognised by leadership and is changing
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 8 years
Customer centric, insists on highest standards, great peer group, variety of projects to gain great experience
Challenging projects, time management, deliverables, meetings, project timelines