Compare IBM vs Bank of America BETASee how working at IBM vs. Bank of America compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IBM vs. Bank of America. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- IBM scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Bank of America scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Good work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at IBM.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Bank of America.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at IBM.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Bank of America.
I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years
Flexibility (of working location, what you work on, how and when you work) Culture of Inclusivity, People matter to IBM and at IBM people care about each other Endless opportunities, changing... roles/business units is encouraged IBM cares about doing the right things, ethically - and is at the forefront of some amazing tech that you know will impact the world positively for decades to come.
It can depend on the business unit you are in/how effective your leadership is as to how much love you feel. It can feel very hierarchical (and matrixed) - autonomy is given but sometimes without... power. Being part of a company that is continually reinventing itself means a lot of re-orgs, which are tiresome and can make you feel some unease