Compare IG vs GAIN Capital BETASee how working at IG vs. GAIN Capital compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IG vs. GAIN Capital. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- IG scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Free fruits" was the most mentioned Pro at IG.
- "Good people" was the most mentioned Pro at GAIN Capital.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Con at IG.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at GAIN Capital.
I have been working at IG full-time for more than 3 years
Great culture where you make friends easily, people are generally positive and friendly. You can move internally into a different role or even have a career change within the company as long as there... is an open position for where you would like to be. I have done it myself too. Flexible working is possible, but it varies from team to team and depends on your manager. There is a training budget and you can get pre-paid accounts for some major training platforms, however I wish this budget was bigger. During the complete lockdown in March 2020 IG has shown itself as an exceptionally flexible and accommodating employer with great understanding of what people were going through due to the sudden change of the life around. I have been with IG for 4 years already and see some people stay for 25 years!
Salaries are bit low and I would wish for a bigger training budget.
Advice to Management
Salaries are a bit low compared to similar jobs elsewhere in the sector which becomes one of the biggest reasons for people leaving (as I don't see many other reasons of doing so). I would wish for a... bigger training budget too.