Compare Industrial Light & Magic vs DNEG BETASee how working at Industrial Light & Magic vs. DNEG compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Industrial Light & Magic vs. DNEG. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- DNEG scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Great projects" was the most mentioned Pro at Industrial Light & Magic.
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at DNEG.
- DNEG had 7 more reviews than Industrial Light & Magic that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Industrial Light & Magic for less than a year
Just Pros! Everyone is friendly, you get actual shots to work on and you will learn a lot.
There are no Cons, if you can start here at ILM than you are in good hands
I worked at DNEG for less than a year
There are so many amazing and talented people at DNEG, every person I met was professional, inspiring, willing to share their experience and knowledge to help me learn and grow as an artist. DNEG... has a database of everyone in the company and what floor, room and desk they work at. This makes it very easy to find the best person in the building to help you with a specific problem and they were always willing to help. The training we received was excellent and frequent.
The hardware I had access to was quite limiting, however I was able to use other artists faster machines if they were away.
Advice to Management
Before I started I was told that part of the reason I managed to get a spot on the internship is because some of the other applicants were over qualified. Impostor syndrome loomed over me during my... entire internship as a result.