Compare J Sainsbury vs Waitrose BETASee how working at J Sainsbury vs. Waitrose compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at J Sainsbury vs. Waitrose. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Waitrose scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- J Sainsbury had 196 more reviews than Waitrose that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- J Sainsbury had 92 more reviews than Waitrose that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at Waitrose full-time for more than 5 years
- Really engaging work meeting people from all walks of life who 9 times out of 10 are lovely and wanting to just chat to you - When quiet it's pretty relaxed - Discount - Partnership, so the... business keeps you informed of what's going on and usually asks for opinions on decisions.
- When busy there are never enough colleague to man the checkouts, management get angry that you're using staff from shop floor - Stressful at busy points - Low pay - When full time they can move... your hours to whatever they need with two weeks notice, this was really detrimental to my mental health. Could never set up plans with people as they might need me in on that day.