Compare Japan Tobacco International vs British American Tobacco BETASee how working at Japan Tobacco International vs. British American Tobacco compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Japan Tobacco International vs. British American Tobacco. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Japan Tobacco International scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- British American Tobacco scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- British American Tobacco had 62 more reviews than Japan Tobacco International that mentioned "Working environment" as a Pro.
- "Decision making" was the most mentioned Con at Japan Tobacco International.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at British American Tobacco.
I worked at Japan Tobacco International full-time
Challenging industry and very challenging marketplace. JTI is undoubtedly a market leader in the tobacco industry with fantastic and very talented people working for the Company.
Complicated and multiple approval process makes even small problems difficult to resolve.
Advice to Management
Don't be afraid to make decisions and take full ownership of assigned jobs. Also don't be afraid to trust people who work for you and let them manage their jobs independently.