Compare LexisNexis Legal & Professional vs PA Consulting BETASee how working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional vs. PA Consulting compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional vs. PA Consulting. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- LexisNexis Legal & Professional scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- PA Consulting scored higher in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- LexisNexis Legal & Professional had 175 more reviews than PA Consulting that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at PA Consulting.
I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for less than a year
Great company culture, fantastic colleagues and really supportive managers. Could not have been happier with my choice of employer.
None that I can think of at the moment.
Advice to Management
I honestly believe that I have the best manager ever.
I have been working at PA Consulting full-time for more than a year
- PA has a fascinating company heritage and history, which you learn about during an on boarding trip to Cambridge (pre-COVID!) - For the last year, the Belfast office has grown in size and... capability, and so too has our London office, which is continually winning new contracts. These contracts bring projects spanning a wide variety of sectors and are often large multi-national companies you will be familiar with. - The work is exciting, engaging and challenging through a variety of contexts from rescuing an existing software development project gone wrong, to a green fields venture, or general consulting and providing advice to client's own development teams. - If you put the work in, the bonus can be exceptional. Higher than the 10% that is advertised as part of the renumeration package when joining. This is of course subject to the business performing well. - The opportunity exists to grow into much more than just a software developer. You can quickly become involved in bids and pitches in between billed assignments where you develop your writing and communication and presentation skills. - While the hierarchy/ranking is fairly linear, in the past year, this has started to change and there are opportunities to be very senior while primarily being software developer. There is also the opportunity to move into other disciplines such as project delivery and more general consultancy including sales. - PA is a large organisation with a number of offices around the World and everyone is very welcoming. It feels like you could walk into any office and immediately strike a conversation with anyone. (As long as you have your ID :P) - The included private healthcare cover is hassle free and invaluable if you have a family. - On top of that, there is a decent tier of dental insurance available for approx £4 per month. - (Before COVID) If you are required to travel for business, the daily expenses are extremely generous compared to other firms and there are generally no questions asked or need to keep receipts as it is a fixed amount regardless of whether you spend it or not. - In general you have complete control over your own performance and career progression. It's all about doing good work, networking, and making sure people know what achievements you have made. There is an incredible amount of autonomy, awesome in this line of work. - During COVID, there was a persistence of a strong community with engaging peer run competitions, quizzes and town halls. There was also additional support provided through mental health initiatives, and H&S was a top priority with self performed risk assessments for working at home. Throughout this strange period of time, there were no issues in getting any equipment required to work from home safely.
- PA Consulting is not just a typical software development house and brings with it a requirement to understand market engagement and client delivery more broadly especially as you rise in seniority.... If you are not prepared to be flexible and versatile as a professional, or are adverse to being anything other than an SME in a single subject area, then PA and in general, consulting is probably not for you. A wide range of skillsets, and an open mind are key to success here. - At certain times of the year, there is the inevitable admin work to get through, particularly if you are a line manager. There is no way of controlling how this coincides with your active project work, so it can spill into your personal time. I would argue however that some of the admin work is regarding career development and objective setting, which someone career driven likely undertakes in their own time anyway. - Every project does not always go smoothly. With great challenge, comes stress if things are not moving in a positive trajectory. However, there are mechanisms in place to seek support and by persevering through the difficult times, you will learn and grow at an accelerated pace.
Advice to Management
Aim to hire the right people with the right attitudes, be as transparent as possible about the expectations of working for a consultancy firm. There will be times when you are not on a project, and... will have to pick up work that is somewhat unrelated to perhaps what you are used to.