Compare Marks & Spencer vs Tesco BETASee how working at Marks & Spencer vs. Tesco compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Marks & Spencer vs. Tesco. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Marks & Spencer scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Tesco scored higher in 2 areas: % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- Tesco had 803 more reviews than Marks & Spencer that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- Tesco had 285 more reviews than Marks & Spencer that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Marks & Spencer part-time for more than 5 years
Completing various tasks Working with mixed personalities Opportunities for extra-involvement
Tasks can be repetetive Progression oppportunities are scarce
I have been working at Tesco full-time for less than a year
Benefits, work-life balance, range of projects, fast-pace and senior-leadership accessibility. People focused and a growth mindset culture (especially leaders).
Diversity, inconsistent development plans, internal feedback culture, lack of structure in meetings. Feels relatively hierarchical sometimes.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work around listening to colleagues and promoting employee wellbeing.