Compare Marston's vs Holland & Barrett BETASee how working at Marston's vs. Holland & Barrett compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Marston's vs. Holland & Barrett. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Marston's scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Holland & Barrett scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Pub" was the most mentioned Pro at Marston's.
- "Staff discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Holland & Barrett.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Marston's.
- "Lone working" was the most mentioned Con at Holland & Barrett.
I have been working at Marston's full-time for more than 5 years
Good support from Line Managers Survived through Lockdown Look after Team Better Pay than some other PubCo's
Lacking in development for high performing GM's who are looking to progress to Area Manager and further, very good at developing team but GM and Above......
Advice to Management
You have great GM's who know your business and love your business - develop and progress them instead of looking outside of the company. Fresh eyes and new ideas can come from within too ....
I have been working at Holland & Barrett full-time for more than 5 years
You get specialised product knowledge. Big advances in technology- belt printers, HHT etc The teams are fantastic and the job is what you make of it! Exciting time to join an evolving business.
I don’t have any particular cons!
Advice to Management
If you can bring agility, flexibility and some hard work Holland and Barrett is a fantastic place to work. There are so many opportunities at the moment , including development, apprenticeships etc,... and everyday is different so it’s never a boring place to work.