Compare McDonald's vs Tesco BETASee how working at McDonald's vs. Tesco compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at McDonald's vs. Tesco. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- McDonald's scored higher in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
- Tesco scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at McDonald's.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Tesco.
- "Rude customers" was the most mentioned Con at McDonald's.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Tesco.
I have been working at Tesco full-time for less than a year
Benefits, work-life balance, range of projects, fast-pace and senior-leadership accessibility. People focused and a growth mindset culture (especially leaders).
Diversity, inconsistent development plans, internal feedback culture, lack of structure in meetings. Feels relatively hierarchical sometimes.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work around listening to colleagues and promoting employee wellbeing.