Compare Nationwide vs USAA BETASee how working at Nationwide vs. USAA compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Nationwide vs. USAA. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Nationwide scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- USAA scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- Nationwide had 181 more reviews than USAA that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Nationwide.
- "Military" was the most mentioned Con at USAA.
I have been working at USAA full-time for more than 3 years
USAA is one of the best employers in the world. You can work here your entire career and retire nicely with the benefits. - best retirement benefits (3% pension + 8% match to 4% contribution … yeah... you read that right). - great pay and bonus structure - great work/life balance
The tech side can feel slow paced compared to the industry. USAA allows you to dive deep on your technology, but not wide enough to have a lot of context on the entire tech stack. Pay is great but... lagging in the industry. USAA is pretty good about keeping up with this though.
Advice to Management
Keeping looking out for customers and employees as you’ve been doing. Great work!